How to Recover Files from USB Drives?
USB drives are the most widely used portable data storage drive when it comes to sinking files and folders from one machine to another. Along with a computer/laptop and its peripherals, most of the computer users like to have at least one pen drive to carry their precious files or folders from one place to another. Nonetheless, like other portable storage drives, Thumb drives are also prone to corruption. Most often the corruption of USB flash drive due to virus infection. Furthermore, the infection of harmful virus makes your USB drive inaccessible. In such times, a backup will save you from severe data loss crisis. However, if you don’t have backup and thinking about how to rescue files and folders from pen drive then here is the most optimum solution for you. USB drive data recovery can be easily done by using efficient recovery tool. Recover USB is one such powerful and trustworthy software that gives you the simplest way to rescue data from all types of thumb drives.
Most common USB drive data loss scenarios are as follows
- If USB drive is too old and used roughly for a long time then the file system of USB drive will get corrupt and sometimes USB drive becomes inaccessible. If it contains any vital data then critical files loss is definite.
- Since pen drives are used in many computers to transfer data, they are more immune to get infected by harmful virus. The virus infection causes corruption of USB drive’s file system and makes thumb drive inaccessible.
- Sometimes due to Interruption while transfer of files from USB drive to PC or vice versa as result of unexpected computer shutdown or restart, power outage and abrupt ejection of USB drive might delete files and folders from pen drive.
- Thumb drive corruption is the main cause for losing data. Sometimes because of inappropriate plug and play approach i.e. removing USB flash drive or interrupting data transfer process when there is a read/write is in progress or virus contamination corrupts USB flash drive and makes it inaccessible. So, In order to access such USB flash drives it needs to be formatted which ultimately deletes all files stored on pen drive.
- Sometimes when you connect thumb drive to computer, it blinks a pop up message like “format now”. Most often this error message comes due to file system corruption. To use such USB drives further it's necessary to format it. If such pen drive contains some vital files, then user will have to lose them.
Requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.5.x and above (including Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion)
Salient Features of Recover USB software
- Simply rescue all formats of pictures like JPG, PNG, JPEG, TIF, RAW, BMP and also recuperate RAW pictures.
- One of the finest tool over the internet when it comes to restore videos after accidental formatting of USB drives.
- Instantly rescues more than 300 types of files including movies, presentation files, spreadsheets, ZIP archives, music files, videos, RAR files etc.
- Easily rescue lost or deleted files and folders from all brands of pen drives including Kingston, SanDisk etc.
- User manual of this tool provides additional information about how to rescue USB drive data at one go.
- Capable to rescue thumb drive files from Windows 8, Windows 7 and all other Windows versions.
- If you want to know how to recuperate lost files from USB drive then visit here: http://www.recoverusb.com/files.html.
Steps to rescue files and folders from USB drives
Step 1: Download and install this efficient software on your system then run it to open its main window as shown in figure 1.
Figure 1: Main Window
Step 2: Select USB drive from the list of logical drives as shown in figure 2.
Figure 2: Select USB Drive
Step 3: The list of rescued files will be displayed as shown in figure 3.
Figure 3: View Recovered Files